Sunday, January 28, 2007

5 Reasons I hate MS

  1. Invading my Calgon moments: I love hot baths and I can't take them without being sick for about an hour afterwards! ARGH!! Screw the disease - I'll take baths till I'm unable to get in the tub myself. At that point, I think my husband will put me in and forget about me then I'll just prune up and die. I'm hoping that's at 80 or later of course.
  2. Shooting pains: They really suck when I feel them in places that you'd least expect to feel pain - like on my arm below the elbow or in the butt. Jiminy - I could be sitting still, or sleeping and I'll feel like someone just gave me a shot in the arse!! The worst has been in my right eye. MS Sucks!
  3. The old SD (sensitive topic here): I always wondered why my Neuro was asking how it was going in the 'ol bedroom until lately!! Thinking I was having a problem because of a drug, I was researching on the Internet last night and clicked on a link in Wikepedia. In it, it talked about the lack of.. you know.. and then I clicked on that and it immediately showed Multiple Sclerosis as one of the reasons for SD. Nice. Stupid disease!!
  4. Relapses or not: The other day I was in a long meeting. All of a sudden my foot started doing the vibrating thing again - like when I feel that rushing feeling of the blood in my heel... only this time it was all over my foot. I thought, "Am I having a relapse?" No, Pam, you're not - you nutter! Turns out it was my cell phone that I had on vibrate, which was in my purse, which my foot was up against. Gees I'm a nut.
  5. Symptoms: I'll go to the neuro and tell her a list of crap that goes on and she'll tell me, that's normal, or oh sounds like you have a bit of arthritis in your neck (great), or forgetting stuff is all part of aging (don't remind me)... So then I'll say, well, then I don't have MS anymore, which I pretty much say every time I go to see her. I probably said this before, but the last time she said, "no disease gives you a spot on your neck like the one you have." F'ing disease!

So, there you have it - just a few reasons why MS sucks. It's not the end of the world of course. Could be worse, could be more painful.

Oh - the yoga is kinda of on a hiatus, but the weight loss is going great. I can still walk up lots of stairs and now I run up and down them at home too. I'm going to have great looking legs before I turn 40! Now if I can only get rid of the stomach - oh but I have to inject there, so I need to save some fat. So that was reason number six - MS totally blows!

8 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

"At that point, I think my husband will put me in and forget about me then I'll just prune up and die."


Hmmm, perhaps a compromise? Get a bigger claw-foot tub and have the husband join? He could not POSSIBLY forget you then.

Stephen said...

great list. i can agree with all of them - love the cell phone. there is a chapter in montel's book climbing higher about why he gets depressed - a little more pessimistic than your list, but along the same lines, and i've showed it to people who wanted to know why i was down. thanks!

Anonymous said...

I can relate. #4 is great. Sometimes I feel vibrating in my hip (closer to my hiney) and I think it's my phone on vibrate and then I remember I don't have my phone. That always freaks me out. NO ONE in my life understands when I say, "Damn, my ass is vibrating again." Some of my girlfriends say, "And that upsets you why?" It's one of the symptoms that's easy to laugh about.

I soooo agree with you ... F'ing disease!

Anonymous said...

funny about the cell phone, my husband's hearing is a bit squirelly and so is his feeling in his hands...so, while driving he'll put his cellphone in between his legs on vibrate. it's actually amusing to see him jump up everytime he gets a call!

Unknown said...

n Hello everyone reading this , My name is HARRIS KATIE am from U.K , i want to share this great and wonderful testimony to the general public on how i got cured from my sickness called MS(Multiple Sclerosis) by DR IMONAH healing herbal medicine , I have been suffering from MS(Multiple Sclerosis) for good 6 years now and I was almost going to the end of my life due to the constant pain, especially in my Body.all I have in my mind is let me just give up because life was no loger intestine to me any more but I just pray to God every day to accept my soul when ever I die, luckily to me , my kid sister ran to me that she found a doctor in the internet who can cure MS(Multiple Sclerosis) , HERPES , HEPATITIS B,CANCER, and HIV/AIDS ) she helped me out on everything, the great Dr IMONAH only ask for my Details and some items , so that he can prepare a Herbal medicine for me and send it to me in my country , which he did.. so after two days of getting the medicine and taking it as prescribe to me from him , I started getting more stronger my blood started flowing normally , i started experiencing changes all over my Body as the great DR IMONAH assured me that i should go for medical check up that i have been cured, so after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed , behold it was TRUE and i was very Happy ,so if you have MS(Multiple Sclerosis) ,HERPES , HEPATITIS B ,CANCER , HIV/AIDS or any kind of sickness you can contact him and also he do cast love spell , and any kind of spell you can think off or any illness get cured, i advice you all to contact him on Via mail at (drimonahspiritualtemple@gmail.com ) or contact him true his website via (www.drimonahspiritualtemple.webs.com) he is there waiting to help you All..THANKS.

Unknown said...

Hello Dear Brothers and Sisters ,friends ,I want to say that i am so happy today because I am free from the disease/virus of Herpes, My name is NICOLE TRINITY from USA , I have been having Herpes since the past two years now, and I have pass through many different processes in getting cured from the diseases virus of HSV2 but nothing was working out, a friend of mine on Facebook introduce me to DR ODIGIE , that he is the only one who can helped me get cured from my Herpes and any other diseases i may have , so I contacted him and have faith on him, All thanks to the gods of DR ODIGIE , after sending me the herbal medicines which he has prepared for me, my life get transformed and everything was fine and Okay with me, till now I have been going to check up and its now going to four months now I am still negative. All thanks Goes to DR ODIGIE and My Friend for what she has done for me and my family... if you are sick i will advice you to contact DR ODIGIE now by emailing him on his private mail at:(drodigiesolutiontemple@yahoo.com) HIS THERE WAITING TO HELP ANYONE IN NEED OF HIS HELP ANY TIME ANY DAY...

Unknown said...



my name is erica smith and i really want to say a big thank you to Dr sani..
do you wish to get pregnant urgently and give birth to a healthy baby, Dr
sani is the answer to your problem..or do you wish to get your ex
lover/husband back within 24 hours, dr SANI is the best answer to that your
problem you can contact him on OBEHITEMPLE@OUTLOOK.COM
1) If you want your ex back..
(2) If you want to be promoted in your office.
(3) if you want cure to your ALS
(4) If you want a child.
(5) If you want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever
(8) If you need a spell of luck.
(9) If you want to stop your divorce.
(10) If you want to divorce your husband.
(11) If you want your wishes to be granted.
(12) Pregnancy spell to conceive baby
(13) Guarantee you win the troubling court cases & divorce no matter how
what stage
(14) Stop your marriage or relationship from breaking apart.
(15) If you have any sickness like ( H I V ), (CANCER)

Finlay Cedar said...

Been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2015, and I was a woman of 50. They put me on Rebif which I took until 2017 and was switched to Copaxone. I had two relapses on Rebif, none so far on Copaxone. I do notice my balance was getting worse, and my memory, as well as erectile dysfunction and spasms’ had no choice to sick for other solution and I was introduce to totalcureherbsfoundation c om which I purchase the MS herbal formula from the foundation, the herbal supplement has effectively get rid of my multiple sclerosis and reversed all symptoms.