- Invading my Calgon moments: I love hot baths and I can't take them without being sick for about an hour afterwards! ARGH!! Screw the disease - I'll take baths till I'm unable to get in the tub myself. At that point, I think my husband will put me in and forget about me then I'll just prune up and die. I'm hoping that's at 80 or later of course.
- Shooting pains: They really suck when I feel them in places that you'd least expect to feel pain - like on my arm below the elbow or in the butt. Jiminy - I could be sitting still, or sleeping and I'll feel like someone just gave me a shot in the arse!! The worst has been in my right eye. MS Sucks!
- The old SD (sensitive topic here): I always wondered why my Neuro was asking how it was going in the 'ol bedroom until lately!! Thinking I was having a problem because of a drug, I was researching on the Internet last night and clicked on a link in Wikepedia. In it, it talked about the lack of.. you know.. and then I clicked on that and it immediately showed Multiple Sclerosis as one of the reasons for SD. Nice. Stupid disease!!
- Relapses or not: The other day I was in a long meeting. All of a sudden my foot started doing the vibrating thing again - like when I feel that rushing feeling of the blood in my heel... only this time it was all over my foot. I thought, "Am I having a relapse?" No, Pam, you're not - you nutter! Turns out it was my cell phone that I had on vibrate, which was in my purse, which my foot was up against. Gees I'm a nut.
- Symptoms: I'll go to the neuro and tell her a list of crap that goes on and she'll tell me, that's normal, or oh sounds like you have a bit of arthritis in your neck (great), or forgetting stuff is all part of aging (don't remind me)... So then I'll say, well, then I don't have MS anymore, which I pretty much say every time I go to see her. I probably said this before, but the last time she said, "no disease gives you a spot on your neck like the one you have." F'ing disease!
So, there you have it - just a few reasons why MS sucks. It's not the end of the world of course. Could be worse, could be more painful.
Oh - the yoga is kinda of on a hiatus, but the weight loss is going great. I can still walk up lots of stairs and now I run up and down them at home too. I'm going to have great looking legs before I turn 40! Now if I can only get rid of the stomach - oh but I have to inject there, so I need to save some fat. So that was reason number six - MS totally blows!