Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Weird MRI experience

I had my fourth MRI. It's not the Open but it's not the original closed where the tunnel is really small and long, but the tunnel opening is a little wider and it's not so long.
I was having a pretty good day yesterday so when I was first pushed into the tunnel, I saw the light at the end, or the rays from the light. I said to myself, "Okay, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel." Then I promptly started crying. I'm not sure why. It was probably a culmination of everything going on with me in the last couple of months.
I couldn't stop crying. It would get worse during the noisier passes of the machine. I really hate it! It's so intimidating.
I probably have said this in a previous post, but I have seven screws in my jaw and I still worry about them flying out through my body and killing me during an MRI. I know... I'm still a kid in my head!
The technicians at this place are so kind! They're great guys who I feel so much better knowing their out on the other side of the window in case I need them. When the first technician pulled me out after the first series of scans I said, "I don't know what my problem is, I keep crying." And he said, "Crying! Well, we'll get you taken care of here." Then he made sure to tell me how long each scan was and what was coming next. I guess to better prepare me. I just don't know why it was so hard yesterday. Maybe feeling sorry for myself.
I should find out today the result... I need to renew my Copaxone. That's waiting till we get the results.
I don't know if anyone's reading this. So I may not keep this blog up. Maybe I'll just convert everything to a diary for myself. Who knows!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this information. I am at high risk of developing MS, and am starting treatment soon. It is comfoting to see there are others going through similar experiences. I hope you continue to post.

Erik said...

I see you got some comment spam - I get that too and have to back and delete it. Ugh!

The MRI was pretty unsettling for me the first time, but has gotten better since. I like to take a favorite CD to listen to during the scan, and that definitely does help take my mind off of being in there. In the very least it is something familiar!