Saturday, March 14, 2009

What's to look forward to?

I've been wondering about this blog. Like should I keep it? Does it help? All those things.
But the big one is the title "Looking forward with Multiple Sclerosis".

When I first started this I'm fairly certain that I was saying I was looking forward to things even though I have MS.
I still am - but never really thought of all those things I'm looking forward to.
Here are a few things that I've been thinking of lately - but I've categorized them.

What I'm looking forward to in my life:
  1. My kids to stop fighting some day. Which they're doing now.
  2. My kids to fight intelligently - without the sticking out of the tongue.
  3. My kids to keep learning and doing so well in school.
  4. Will to start kindergarten this year.
  5. Kate to be that great big sister she has been and is becoming more of. Much more tolerant then before.
  6. Both of them to graduate from High School, then College!
  7. Both of them having families of their own. I really look forward to that. I'll be old - but I'll still be around. I really want to be.
  8. I really can't wait till I can pay off some bills.
  9. Looking forward to the economy improving - can't help adding that - it's a current worry.
  10. I want to get the beagle in agility classes - looking forward to her doing well at that. She's a smart puppy!
  11. Being able to spend time with my best friend.
  12. Being with my folks!
  13. Playing with the kids.
  14. having our team at work doing really, really well. :) Can't help that one either - it's a current want.
  15. Right now - I'm really looking forward to Sunny and 70!!

What I'm looking forward to if there is a cure or oral medication for MS:

  1. A cure!
  2. Not having to take shots! OMG - I can't even begin to express how much I'm looking forward to that. I mean - if I don't HAVE to take it - then I won't even have to feel the guilt of skipping when I sometimes do. :(
  3. Even if I still have MS - taking Oral medication instead of the shot.
  4. Have I mentioned - not having to take the shots?
  5. Being able to take a shower and when I wash my arms, thighs, hips, and stomach, not having to feel the painful bruises from the shots or the bumps.
  6. Not having grossly indented skin - worse then cellulite.
  7. Not being soooooooooooo fatigued all the time.
  8. Being able to wake up from a nights sleep and not feel like I need to go back to bed forever.
  9. Being happier.
  10. No more excruitiating sharp pains that come up my neck into my head.
  11. No more feeling numb or tingles in my fingers, hands, legs, middle of my back, thighs, heels, and even in my head - so weird - like my hair is standing up.
  12. No more feeling like someone's using a VooDoo doll with my name on it.
  13. I could go on and on.

What I'm looking forward to with MS:

  1. The 7th year my team participates in the MS Walk is this April - I'm looking forward to that and really hope we can make our goal.
  2. The next Webcast on dealing with symptoms and hearing about the latest research.
  3. Hearing about people who have had specific treatments for MS and are doing so much better.
  4. I'm looking forward to hearing that people who have visible disabilities with MS, that they can get a treatment that reverses MS. I heard about that and that would be lovely.
  5. I'm making these bracelets for my team members - in the MS Walk colors - I'm looking forward to giving those to the girls and I hope they like them.
  6. Looking forward to reading some of these blogs and hearing that people are feeling better.

That's about it in a nutshell. I could go on forever - but who has that much time? We're all so busy.

If anyone is still reading - I hope you like the new background and look of the site. I wanted something a bit more cheerful and there are these free blog backgrounds, so this one made me smile and I grabbed it.

Take care all!
Thanks for reading!
Pamela

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pamela,

You are an inspiration to all that endure MS and hope for a better tomorrow. I love the new look and glad it takes on a more hopeful, happy feeling that I hope touches those that view this blog in a positive way.

Aquarijen said...

Yes, please keep the blog. It helps.