Tuesday, March 13, 2007

MS questions from a 6 year old

So my 6 year old daughter said to me again tonight that she hopes she doesn't get MS when she's older.
"Will I get it?" "I hope not," is all I could reply.
"How do you get it?" All I could tell her was the truth.
"They don't know the answer to that yet."

She asks very good questions. It just sucks that she's so little and has to have some kind of understanding of this that many adults don't understand.

Just another MS moment that just smacked me in the face.

Before I end this, please no more emails about frickin' antibiotics. I don't go for data that's not fully studied and comes from an anonymous blogger. Give me a break.

Also, Windows Live Messenger is now doing something really cool for certain causes, MS being one of them. Click on the new I'M button to read more about it.

Besides from the antibiotic warrior, thanks for your comments to my "do you tell" post. I really appreciate your stories and comments.
I hope you're all well.
Take care!

3 comments:

Stephen said...

i'm still wrestling with the fact that nothing i did gave me ms, and that it was, for the most part, the luck of the draw. how much harder for a 6 year old to deal with that issue. good for you for being honest.

mdmhvonpa said...

I'm not looking forward to that conversation ... my Mom never had it with me till I already was diagnosed.

Vicki said...

Good luck, Pamela. I was lucky to be diagnosed when my kids were in high school. I don't know how parents of young kids do it, but I admire you. It sounds as if you are doing great. mdmhvonpa always sounds good, too. I wish you all good luck, and I have confidence that most will make their luck good.