Sunday, December 28, 2008

Been a very long time

Hi,
It's been so long since I last updated this. I'm doing pretty well. The depression has subsided considerably and when there are the occasions that I get sad, I'm able to overcome them much easier. And think of my children when those times are bad which lifts me up.

In April we got a Beagle puppy, Daisy, she's adorable and a handful and has been a great companion to me. So she has helped as well. She and my best friend and my kids and my folks. They've all helped me out of my slump.

I did have a sad moment when I got really dizzy, where I would fall over when I stood up, get carsick, etc. I was so worried the day it got really bad that it was my MS. But I got to my new Physician that same day and she said I had an inner ear infection and I had developed Vertigo, but she had me go to see my Neurologist to make sure. I went to one of the nurse practitioner's with my Neurologist's office the next morning and she said I was doing really well and she believed it was vertigo from inner ear too and not from MS. Thank GOD!! I cried I was so happy it wasn't a flare up.

The only other thing was that a week after that I had a lymph node in my neck get enlarged and it was probably from the inner ear infection, but I got on heavy duty antibiotics and it was much better.

So I'm doing so much better. Other than weight - lol - but whatever - I'll knock that out too. We got a Wii this Christmas so I've already been rally active with that and even set up my routine on Wii Fit.

I've gotten a few comments from folks - I hope you're all doing really well. One comment says the person has had MS for 32 years - I call that encouragement really. Please all take care!

Have a wonderful New Year and I hope you're all healthy and prosperous (despite the economy) in the coming year and years ahead. And in a few more years who knows - a cure for MS!! Can't hurt to be optimistic!!

2 comments:

Blended-Families.com said...

It's great knowing some people who do get well after depression (which tend to come and go). Sometimes, they even just become part of a life's routine. We all have lots of challenges in life. Some are with their careers, some with their stepfamilies. What matters is we are able to overcome them.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Pamela,
Hello! My name is Monica and I am an Occupational Therapy student. In a class that I am taking called Learning about "Chronic Conditions and Disabilities" we have a Blog Assignment to learn about what it is like living with a chronic disability. I was searching the net and I came across your blog. I just thought I'd let you know I chose your blog to do my assignment on. I hope I learn a lot about MS and what it is like living with it. I look forward to following your blogs and will be checking it for recent blogs ATLEAST once a week.
I hope all is well :)