Monday, August 17, 2009

Affirmations & Frustrations

I just logged in to enter my new affirmation and I hear my daughter is torturing my son by not leaving his room. Then she smacked him. SIGH. Some day, he's going to haul off and let her have it and she'll look at me all bewildered. I think I'll just look at her with that look that says, "What did you expect?"

After I write this affirmation I'll go up and do the, "Slumber party this weekend can still be cancelled" threat - which never works, but it's something.

I found this quote today - I can't find who said it, but it's everywhere on the internet... "Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said that it'd be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

I think that says it all about my life this past week and my new today. I'm happier than I have been in so long and more hopeful then ever. I'm still cautious, but my heart is soaring! :)

With that, here is my afirmation: "I am a strong, intelligent woman and I can be honest and take risks without fear, but with love and courage."

Have a great night!

4 comments:

Bob said...

Hello Pamela,

I read most of your blog today. You do have my sympathy in your battle with MS.

You have done a good job in defining what contributes to your health issues. For that reason your situation did catch my eye. I am a medical researcher that works in the fields of endocrinology and neurology. I am putting together a book now that I believe will have widespread interest. I am not a physician, but through my research I have "fixed" over 400 people. I have just been asked to give a consultation to a lady in my town who was just diagnosed with MS which is how I came to your web site.

Part of what ails you can be fixed easily and quickly. IBS is one, Depression is one and PMS is the other. Those are obviously not MS, but it seems that they may be contributers to the total of your ill health. As to the auto immune issues, we can at least work on it.

What I liked about our blog was that it is well written. I did not intend to put a chapter in my book on MS, but as you have so many symptoms that are not MS, but that do affect your quality of life, perhaps there is a spot for a discussion of MS. What I seek is a clear representation of your symptoms, and how you feel to the various changes that I would suggest. I would also want the ability to publish your experience in a book.

If you have an interest in going further, please write me at Stocktonre@aol.com. I will be happy to go into detail about me, what I do, and how you can have some health improvements.

Bob

Keith said...

Pamela, I am in a wheelchair and I am waiting for my first post diagnosis visit with a neurologist. I am grateful for all the bloggers sharing about MS.

As my journey broadens, I hope to share much more.

Thank you

Lisa Jo Rudy said...

Readers may be interested in this trial for a new oral MS medication:

http://www.pharmabiz.com/article/detnews.asp?articleid=51683&sectionid=
This is great news from sanofi-aventis about their investigational oral medicine for MS, teriflunomide. There is currently a worldwide clinical research study that is evaluating teriflunomide for relapsing forms of MS. Click here for more information: www.tower3.msstudies.com.


Lisa

Anonymous said...

Did you hear about the COPAXONE PreCISe data printed in the Lancet? Apparently it cuts the risk of developing MS by half.