Saturday, January 23, 2010

"Hurt" is a matter of perspective

My fingers and hands are still hurting badly. I had to get a refill on the Gabapentin and they wouldn't fill it, because when the old script called for 1 pill 3 times daily, going through 90 pills in a week didn't cut it for the insurance company. So I had to call the exchange to get a new refill. The neuro on call called in 4 pills 4 times daily so I got 428 pills - had to come in two humongous bottles! I really hope I don't have to take ALL of these :( Well - not so fast anyway.

The pills are doing their toll on my stomach now - at least the gastrointestinal... - so embarrassing. :(

I got out of the house and drove for the first time in two weeks today. My step-daughter and I went to the grocery store. We were hungry too - which was bad - and the reason for getting the Ho-Hos. Of course, my best friend keeps snacking on Ho-Hos and telling me about it so I had to get some. Of course he's a rail and I'm not. I don't need the Ho-Hos.

Family issues are not the best right now and with that and my relapse my kids are really feeling it. They throw tantrums at the drop of a hat. My daughter keeps wanting to sleep in my bed because she's always scared and my son has had some accidents :(. I feel so bad and sad.

I'm not happy. I wish I could feel my fingers again. I wish I could wake up and not feel pain in my hands or my legs or anywhere else. I wish I wasn't so tired. I wish my children were happy.
I'm sorry - I'm not having the best day at all.

I hope you're all well and doing much better than me today.
Take care,
Pamela

No comments: